Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby Shower Cake




I recieved an order for a Baby Shower Cake. I must say I had fun with this, but, it was a lot of work. It was a 2-tier cake. Bottom tier was a dark chocolate cake filled with a layer of raspberry jam spread thinly, chocolate mousse, and drizzled with chocolate ganache. The top tier was a vanilla cake with just chocolate mousse filling. The frosting is vanilla with a cornflower blue ice coloring. The topper I made from fondant, which, was 2 books and a sheep laying on top.The theme of this Baby Shower was about story books. I also made the flowers and the borders from fondant too. Good thing I took sculpting classes in college. Plus I had a fb friend who gave me some pointers on sculpting with fondant. Thank you Tonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment